Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stuff I'm reading...



I've really been digging Grant Morrison's new Batman and Robin book. Morrison's been doing batman stories for a while now, getting a lot of press for supposedly "killing" off big B. Following bat's death the title has switched over to Grayson and and Damian (robin (1) and bruce's son) as the title characters and Morrison has changed the title to pure pop superhero kung fu action fun (that's a weird sentence) I really love that the same guy that gives us stuff like we3 and the filth can give us such a pure and fun superhero book. When the artist he's working on is up to the same speed as him (Quitely and Stewart) this book is perfect. If you read any of Grant's amazing All star Superman then you owe it to yourself to check out the first three issues where him and Quitely reunite their dream team. Yeah I know I'm gushing, but my crush on this book really knows no bounds right now. The romance started yesterday when I picked up the latest issue from the shop, Morrsion's got the new bat in London gearing up for a big fist of fury fight and dropped about twenty great new ideas without skipping a beat. He even brought in the new uber-cool batwoman for no reason other than Grant must be reading my diary (or possibly....my dreams?)

this is the issue

No comments:

Post a Comment